Small Sailor Sessions 2013
Who are Small Sailor Sessions for?
Anyone 3-7 years old can do Small Sailor Sessions. You do not need to be a member to take part.
When do the Small Sailor Sessions take place?
During the school holidays (Mon – Wed lunchtimes) 12.30-1.30pm
These sessions are VERY WEATHER DEPENDENT! i.e. parents and guardians – be prepared that your child might not get to go out if the conditions don’t allow. Prepare your child for the possible disappointment. A trip to the rocky shore to look for crabs or star fish is a nice alternative. Also this season there will be a short break mid-season due to the World Police and Fire Games.
How much do Small Sailor Sessions Cost?
|members £85||non-members £110||5 sessions|
Safety and Instructors:
Our instructors are all accredited RYA Dinghy Instructors (or above) with a 1:1 ratio for the Small Sailor Sessions. Please let us know if you have a preference for a certain Instructor. A parent or guardian must stay on site throughout the session. If there is room in the boat, parents or guardians may also come aboard.
What do I need to bring?
- Windproof jacket, wetsuit and buoyancy aid are provided by us but you can bring your own if you wish
- warm clothing (lots of woollen layers) for the upper body
- Thermal leggings
- a hat
- gloves (cycling gloves are good if you don’t have sailing ones)
- trainers that you don’t mind getting wet (not wellington boots)
- warm socks
- complete change of clothes
- plastic bin bag for wet clothes
- ties for long hair
- minimal jewellery
- Medication / inhalers etc.
How do I make arrangements?
Apply and pay through Sandra in the main BYC Office or 02891271467
Please put your preferred dates on the form as it is important that we have instructors available for your child.