Private Lessons 2013
Who can do Private Lessons?
Anyone 3+ years old can do private lessons.
We encourage the Small Sailors (3-7 year olds) to do these as part of the Small Sailor Sessions (July-August).
What is available and how much does it cost?
|Private Lessons / Package of 10||£ per lesson||Package of 10 Lessons|
|Cadet/ Junior member||40||350|
|U18/ Student non-member||50||450|
|2-3 members/ family||60||550|
|2-3 non-members/ family||70||650|
When can I take a private lesson?
You can book private lessons any day that suits you and us.
Morning, afternoon or evening, week days or weekends – all by arrangement.
How long are the lessons?
The lessons are an hour and a half in total – 1 hr afloat and half an hour ashore doing rigging or theory. In winter the length of time afloat will depend more on air temperature. If the weather isn’t suitable for sailing we can postpone the lesson until a later date.
How do I make arrangements?
Please email Alice at email@example.com for an application form.
Who are the instructors?
The instructors will be RYA trained Dinghy Instructors. We have a wide range of instructors at Ballyholme Yacht Club. You can let us know if you’ve a preference. Your lesson will depend on instructor availability and weather.
What do I need to bring?
- Windproof jacket, wetsuit and buoyancy aid are provided by us but you can bring your own if you wish
- warm clothing (lots of woollen layers) for the upper body
- a hat
- gloves (cycling gloves are good if you don’t have sailing ones)
- trainers that you don’t mind getting wet (not wellington boots) –wetsuit booties would be warmer for September
- warm socks
- a complete change of clothes
- plastic bin bag for wet clothes
- ties for long hair
- minimal jewellery
- MEDICATION (inhalers etc.)
To apply please print out and post or scan this form and send to the main office with your payment….
Download the PRIVATE LESSON Application Form