Dinghy & Keelboat Sailing Taster dates for 2015
8. Thursday 2nd July (Keelboat Camira also available)
10. Fri. 17th July
Instructors: All our instructors are RYA (Royal Yachting Association) trained and certified. We use those qualified and experienced in Safetyboat driving and first aid as well as sailing.
Location: Ballyholme Yacht Club is an RYA Recognised Training Centre. You are insured while you are here participating in our programmes. We are ideally situated in a sheltered bay with a sandy sea-bed on Belfast Lough. Sometimes we do try-a-sail sessions in Bangor Harbour.
What to expect: We will look after you from when you arrive at BYC until when you finish your session. We will explain how to gear up, what boats you will be sailing in and we will give you an experience on the water. All our sessions are aimed at being fun and safe. We also hope that you will take away some new knowledge of the sea and appreciation for our natural environment.
What is provided: we provide wet-suits, spray jackets and buoyancy aids, boats and all the instruction. There are hot showers, changing rooms and toilets as well an indoor area to be based in should some people prefer not to go on the water. There are coffee and snacks machines also. All those sailing will be in boats with instructors and rescue cover will be provided too of course.
What to bring:
- warm clothing (lots of woollen layers) for the upper body
- a hat
- gloves (cycling gloves are good if you don’t have sailing ones)
- trainers that you don’t mind getting wet ! (not wellington boots)
- lots of warm socks
- change of clothes
- plastic bin bag for wet clothes
- long hair must be tied back and is best covered with a hat / cap minimal jewellery
- A bottle for water to stop dehydration
- MEDICATION (inhalers etc.)
Weather: If the weather is really poor the session will have to be cancelled. We will do our best to get you out on another day. Please keep in touch about the weather.
Where to find out more information: just email firstname.lastname@example.org