Youth Sailing Courses
Knots for Young Sailors
Small Sailor Sessions
|Small Sailor Sessions (3-7 yr olds)||4th July - 11th Julyand 18th-20th Aug.||FULLY BOOKED!||Small Sailor Sessions|
Pico Practice and Fevas for Females 13th June - 12th Sept Pico Practice
Cadet Autumn Training 4th Oct. – 10th Nov.
This is ideal for those who are RYA Stage 3 + who don’t want to miss out on more sailing opportunities this Autumn -Winter.
Sessions will happen no matter what the weather but obviously if it is too windy we will be land-based.
Cadets will either use their own boats, club picos (free) or club toppers (at a cost). Please contact Alice if you need to secure a boat for the training.
Cadet Saturday Sailing in the Autumn
This Autumn, Cadets who are not up to the stage where they could do the Cadet Autumn Training, can group together to get private lessons in a Bahia with an RYA Instructor on Saturdays. Please see the Private Lesson section of the website for more details.
Saturday afternoons on dates as follows:
4th October APPLY ONLINE
11th October APPLY ONLINE
18th October APPLY ONLINE
25th October APPLY ONLINE
1st November APPLY ONLINE
Many of our young sailors progress enough to get them on the RYANI Pathway. This is a great goal to have for those who are more competitive. More details about this can be found on the RYANI website or by contacting Richard Honeyford (RYA NI Performance Manager) on 077 9546 6624 or 028 9038 3812 or firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUTH COURSES and TRAINING - What to bring:
n.b. we have wetsuits, spray jackets and buoyancy aids
- warm clothing (lots of woollen layers) for the upper body and some spares for after lunch and more spares for the end of the day (surprising how much cooler it is on the sea even on a good day)
- a hat / cap
- gloves (3mm neoprene ones are a good idea) – not necessary for summer sailing
- neoprene booties (with hot socks if you have them) or in summer old trainers you don’t mind getting wet are fine
- change of clothes
- plastic bin bag for wet clothes (plastic bags on the feet are useful for getting wetsuits on too!)
- long hair must be tied back and is best covered with a hat
- minimal jewellery
- A bottle for water to stop dehydration
- MEDICATION (inhalers etc.)
- Lunch money on Monday (£4 per lunch) or a pack lunch & snacks
- n.b. everyone needs a pack lunch for picnic day on Thursdays!