BYC Youth Sailing 2013
Cadet Winter Training
This is ideal for those who are RYA Stage 3 + who don’t want to miss out on more sailing opportunities this Autumn-Winter.
Sessions will happen no matter what the weather but obviously if it is too windy we will be land-based.
Cadets will either use their own boats, club picos (free) or club toppers (at a cost). Please contact Alice if you need to secure a boat for the training.
Cadets must be well kitted out with winter gear, including hat, and warm gloves (3mm neoprene recommended).
Apply online for Cadet Winter Training.
All the boats are now taken for Cadet Winter Training but if you have access to a boat you can still register. Otherwise, we will be running private lessons at the same time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in these.
Dates for Winter Training:
28th and 29th Sept. are the RYA Youth Championships at BYC – would be a good idea to enter!
What to bring:
- warm clothing (lots of woollen layers) for the upper body
- a hat / cap (you won’t be allowed afloat without this!!!)
- gloves (3mm neoprene ones are a good idea)
- neoprene booties (with hot socks if you have them)
- change of clothes
- plastic bin bag for wet clothes
- long hair must be tied back and is best covered with a hat
- minimal jewellery
- A bottle for water to stop dehydration
- MEDICATION (inhalers etc.)
- Flask of hot drink / soup for after